5/31/11

Kiyomizu Temple




Wash bin before touching Buddha.




Temple Stamp



This temple was spread out with lots of little 'stations' for us to visit.  It really felt like an adult theme park to the outsider; there was a lot to experience here with little surprises around every corner.  When we first arrived, we went through an underground tunnel (completely dark) symbolizing entering and leaving the womb.  It was very disorienting (at one time I found myself standing still for way too long thinking there was someone right in front of me when in fact half the maze was completely clear).  After shuffling your way through the dark, you came to a dimly lit room with a turning stone. Following previously given direction,  I made a wish and put my hand on the stone to help turn it.  It was kinda like finding a huge penny heads-up!