6/10/11

collaboration work.

for our piece we're working with a panorama with this as the center image.  we all shot this image together and then are piecing images on each side that become more and more abstract.  the group shot was smooth and painless even in a torrential downpour (but hey, that's what we wanted)  my buddies are really great and speak more english than they lead me to believe.  i've noticed it took some time for them to get comfortable around me and start speaking broken english. i kept insisting it was no big deal because I couldn't speak any japanese at all, so anything they said was impressive to me. we're even talking about things that aren't related to our project...Masaki ended up translating a joke to me, which was about the guy who gets a bug in his soup and the waitress tells him its no big deal because it doesn't drink much.  the funniest part to me was that he prefaced it with, 'will you listen to my story?'  anyway. it was a good night and the main image is done--it has to be, they work all weekend and we don't have anymore time! and to top off a successful evening, I came back to the hotel to find a dr. pepper waiting for me at the front desk! kevin found one at a coffee shop and left it for me!

correction: today is a great day in my kingdom!

for us photo geeks, this isn't edited on a calibrated screen so it may have some issues...